Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Chemo #3 Day 2

It's been a rough two days.  Had Chemo on Monday and it went ok I was home by 2 PM.  However the evening did not pan out so well. I am going to be honest with what happened b/c again this is my journal of my experience and I want to share it in hopes it will help someone else along the way.

After arriving home from the hospital I still felt ok but I just laid down to rest.  Around 6 pm I got up and was going to eat some dinner. However, things happened differently.  I sat down at the kitchen table and all of a sudden felt nauseous.  My mouth started to get watery so I knew I was about to get sick. I got up, made it to my bathroom but my mom ended up finding me on the floor.  Now, I'm pretty sure I had my head over the toilet but then just fell between the toilet and tub.  I do have a small bump on my head but it's ok.  So mom helps me get up and I get into bed.  Again about an hour or so later while laying in bed I felt the same nauseous feeling coming on.  I get up I can see the toilet and all of sudden it get blurry and I blackout again.  My nanny hears the trash can hit the wall and she comes running in.  I hear her say my name and I tell her to get mom.  She holler for mimi and everyone (mom, dad, boys) comes. At this point H freaks out b/c so I can hear him and I tell my dad to take him and calm him down, I'm ok.  My mom gets me up again and gets me back to bed.  At the point she puts a trash can by my bed so I am not getting up anymore and blacking out.  I get sick 2 more times in the night.  Now when I say sick I am not actually throwing anything up.  It is all dry heaves.  I'm honestly not sure what is worse, sick, dry heaves or headaches.  I finally go to sleep at 10 PM and slept until 7 AM on Tuesday.

Tuesday was an ok day I pretty much felt like I normally feel after chemo. Just blah.  However it was a bit of an emotional day as well.  I just hate the way I feel. I know it's all part of the process but gosh it is tough.  H got home from school and came in and did his homework with me then they left for rugby practice.  Then about 6 PM I had a nauseous feeling come over me and I had dry heaves AGAIN.  I guess I can at least say I now know what it's like to be nauseous since I had not experienced it so far.  Mom, Dad and boys got home around 630 PM. We had dinner and I took a warm bath and it made me feel so good.  We all watched a show that was silly before the boys went to bed so the laughter was good.  

As I am typing this it is Wednesday morning and I feel better.  I've had breakfast and my vitamins so hopefully I will start feeling better.  I know days 3-5 have been my worst but I am not going to let that happen.  Especially with day 3 (tomorrow, Thursday) being H's bday.  My big boy is turning 8.  

I know God has brought me to this journey and he is going to get me through it.  I pray daily that I am healed and I believe without a doubt that I am.  I have people all over the world praying for me and all I ask is that you continue. I know your prayers are being heard.  

I'll update again soon. I just wanted to take a minute this morning to let everyone know how I am and say thank you for all the prayers that you are sending our way.  Not only for me but for my family as well.  This is not easy on them either.  

GUESS WHAT!!!! I AM HALF WAY FINISHED WITH CHEMO!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment