The last time I updated was before chemo 6. The chemo nurses had a hard time finding a vein. On try 3 they finally found one. Goodness I am so glad to be finished with being stuck in my hand.
I FINISHED chemo on December 7, 2015. Then 4 days later left the UAE to go to the USA. I was glad I was able to go for a few weeks. I'll back up and share how I ended up going home.
On December 4, I was visiting with a friend and she was telling me that she found a ticket home for less than $1,000. I was shocked. So I started looking and I ended up finding tickets for the boys and I to go home as well. However for the tickets to be cheap enough I had to leave on December 11. After talking with both my parents and it being ok the boys and I left on the 11th and my mom still didn't leave until December 16.
My dad, mom, husband and a few UAE friends were the only ones who knew I had made plans to go. We arrived to Tulsa, OK on December 11 around 5 PM. Our first stop was my moms mom, then my dads mom then some dinner. I wanted to see both of my grandmas and see the shock on their faces when they saw me. They both were definitely very surprised. I'm pretty sure we shocked everyone!!! Thank you to those of you that took the time out to visit us. If we didn't get to see you hopefully we will see you on our next USA trip (whenever that might be). The weather was nice the first day we were home then it started to turn cold and by the next weekend Oklahoma was seeing some crazy weather. Just in the area I was in there was quite a bit of flooding.
It was nice to be home, however now that I am back in the UAE and have been back for almost a week I'm not sure it was the best decision. I am exhausted, not only from jet lag (thinking I did ok with that) but I also started back to school. No children this week just professional development. I've literally come home every night and went to bed after 6:30 but no later than 9:00. I am so ready for my energy to come back. I went to H football practice on Tuesday and even walked some laps with the other moms but that only made my legs hurt. How long does the pain and tiredness last?
Not only did I go back to school this week, I also started radiation. I go every single day except Friday and Saturday. Today is Thursday so week 1 done and 5.5 weeks left to go. My last radiation will be on February 16.
Being back in the UAE also means I am away from my mom. Having her by my side for 5 months and now she isn't here. As hard as some days were for my mom and I while she was here, I miss her so much. Skype calls just aren't enough. If only I could go through the computer and get a hug from her. Love you MOM!!
My emotions are all over the place and I am super tired. Chris is home for a couple of weeks so trying to balance our time together and me being so exhausted is hard. The boys are having a blast with daddy being home. So much that I am feeling a bit left out from them not wanting mommy all the time.
Please just keep me in your prayers. Still taking it one day at a time and remembering that tomorrow is a new day. God's got this. It's all in his hands and I truly believe I am healed. I know when I start getting scared it is just the devil trying to get into my head. As soon as I start feeling that way I just repeat over and over Jeremiah 29:11.
One more thing...because I have been so open with my journey not only have I spoken at schools but I've also met other women that are starting this same journey and reached out to me. As positive as I've been through this journey it has also been tough. The people closest to me (in my home) are the ones that see me at my worst. I know I've said this before, but a great friend told me 80% mental, 20% physical. Thank goodness there are more good days than bad.
Thank you all for the support and I'll update again soon. It's almost 8:00 pm and I'm calling it a night.
No comments:
Post a Comment