Saturday, July 9, 2016

Where did the year go?

Oh Lord my God, I cried to You for help and You HEALED me. 
Psalms 30:2


Wow, a year already. Today marks one year since I heard the words, "I have good news and bad news....bad news, it is Cancer the good news we've caught it early." Talk about a scary day. I remember coming back home and getting on my knees crying out to God. I remember calling my mom and not being able to tell her because my dad was not with her.  So I waited to call them the next morning which was their nighttime.  Those are definitely not the words any parent wants to hear.  Most of you reading this know how everything worked out.  But incase you don't know or want to read it all again here is the link.

I don't want to look back on the cancer, chemo, sickness, hospital stay, and radiation.  Rather I choose to look forward.   I go for a mammogram on the 12th and I believe I'll be told there is nothing to worry about.  I claimed it from the beginning that by the Grace of God I was healed.  I will not fear.  I put all my trust in Him.

My relationship with my husband is better than it has ever been. He has arrived home for a few weeks and I am so glad to have him here with us.  My boys are on cloud nine.  They were so happy when we pulled into the airport.  I hadn't even told them that their daddy was coming home.
My relationship with God is way better than it has ever been.  I've had a lot of people helping me with my relationship with God.  I'm not sure if all this last year had have happened to me at another time it would not have helped me to become the person I am today.  I've grown so much in the year.  I'm not the same person I was 3 years ago when I left the US.  I don't know what the future holds for me and my family but I do know God does.  He has known all along and I just didn't see it.


No comments:

Post a Comment