Saturday, February 25, 2017

Don't know what to title this post

To say that the last 20 months my life has not been changed would be a lie.  It is unbelievable to me how much one thing that happens in your life can cause your whole outlook to change. I know I've shared my cancer journey/story so many times but sometimes I like to remind everyone and myself how awesome our God is.

One day I wake up and fell like everything is going just as I want it to and then by that evening I notice something isn't right.  I get an appointment and within 3 weeks my life is completely changed.  The doctor tells me, "you have cancer." Then within a matter of days I have surgery and a few days later my parents arrive to me although they didn't come because I had cancer, they came because they were coming for a visit that was booked a month before I even found a lump.

I can't help but think, daily, that God did not give me cancer, he allowed it to happen to my life.  He saw how unfaithful I was and needed to interrupt my life to show me something much bigger.  2 Timothy 2:13 says, he is faithful to those who are faithless.  That is where my life had gone.  I was living how I wanted to live, not how God wanted me to live.

Let me just recap for a minute.  Anyone that followed my story knows how much I liked timelines. LOL

2015
June 14,  find lump
June 17,  see doctor
July 1, ultrasound, mammogram and biopsy all in a 3 hour time period
July 8, diagnosed with Grade 3 Stage 2A IDC BC
July 14, lumpectomy
July 17, parents arrive
August 24, start chemo 6 rounds every 21 days
Dec 7, final chemo session
Dec 12, fly HOME or 3 weeks
Jan 1, arrive back to UAE
Jan 3, start radiation 33 rounds daily
Feb 16, Radiation complete
March 8, first 3 month post chemo appointment, NED

Ok this might not seem like a big deal to some but for me it is.  I live in a country where some things take a long time to happen.  However, I was diagnosed and finished with all treatment within 6 months.

I remember telling my mom how much I wanted to spread awareness in this country.  Well I got to do that and it was amazing. So many people know my story either b/c they read it in a paper or in a magazine.  I remember going to work one day and one of the local teachers said, "Ms. Jenny, I see you in the paper in my home." I looked at her like what are you talking about.  Then I walk into the kitchen and there sat my picture in a newspaper on the table with all this writing in Arabic.  I can't tell you how awesome that felt.

Now let me back up to August for a minute.  School started and I was so ready to stay here for another 2 years.  Little did I know again God has other plans.  I am not sure what exactly they are BUT on February 9th, 2017 I hit the submit button on my resignation request.  I prayed long and hard before I resigned and I had no hesitation submitting it.  I know my time here is finished.  God brought me here almost 4 years ago and at the time I had no idea it was God's doing.  I thought I was doing it for myself. I know back then I didn't pray about the decision to move here.  Fast forward to today I don't do much without seeking God first.  I can't even begin to tell you how much better things seem to go.  So yes, I prayed long and hard before resigning.  The peace I have had is unbelievable.

So now all the questions: is your husband coming, have you found a job, where will you live, and I am sure there are more.  Well, here's a rundown. Husband: I'm not sure the ships schedule or what will happen,  but what I do know is eventually he will be with us or us with him.  Just not sure when.  Job: well at the moment I get to be a mom to my boys, and volunteer in their school.  I can go to lunch with my mom and dad, I can sit and visit with my grandma and so much more.  Live: Somewhere in the USA, not positive where but we are coming HOME first. Once it gets closer we will hopefully know where exactly we will live.

Will I miss it here?  For sure!!!! Will I come back?  Inshallah (God willing) to visit.  I have made so many memories here.  I have many friends that are my UAE family.  Those people I will never forget. I literally have friends from ALL over the world.  So many places I want to go visit one day.

So the 'rumors' are true.  The Holiday family is moving back to the USA. Some say I'm crazy but I say I'm blessed.  I want to be with my family. The boys want to be with their Papa and Mimi.

No comments:

Post a Comment