Man seriously. God is amazing. Even as I'm on my way out of the country God has allowed me to share my journey with someone else.
Sitting in oncology today waiting for my appointment. I see a girl who looks about my age and has a scared look on her face. I finally get up the courage to chat with her. Turns out she is the same age as me when I was diagnosed and her son is the same age as H at the time as well. We visit, she leaves to go see the doctor I didn't get her phone number what was I thinking? I end up finishing and I go to Starbucks while I'm waiting for my Rx and I see her again. I sit down and visit with her and her sister this time we exchange numbers. Few hours later as I'm walking out of the gym my phone rings and it is her asking if I'd like to go to dinner because they are staying in Al Ain tonight. Then she ask me if I will take her to get her haircut as she starts chemo tomorrow and her oncologist (who btw is the same one I had, yep she is in amazing hands) told her she should cut it. So all of that to say we met today, went to the salon, had dinner and just visited. Please keep her in your prayers. She is very strong but she is still nervous about tomorrow.
I am just in awe of how God uses me. It did make me question for a few minutes if my time here is really finished. I have no idea what his plan is but I know it will become clear when I make it home. Please keep me in your prayers as well as I am winding down my last few days in the country I have called home for the last 4 years. I'm leaving behind a whole lot of memories. This place will always be a part of me as it is where my life completely changed.
See you all soon and for those I'm leaving behind I will miss you dearly.
No comments:
Post a Comment