Monday, September 2, 2013

First Day

Today was my first day at the school.  I met a lot of people that I don't quite remember their names.  I'm sure it will take time.  My school is Mohamed Bin Khalifa, it is an all boys school and I will be teaching 3rd grade.  Our principal asked us what grade we would be comfortable so of course that is what i chose.  I hear that the boys can be a challenge but most of you know me and my teaching background and know that I usually have a good control on the boys even if there is a language barrier.  I am being positive about where I am place for the simple fact that I know it is where I am meant to be placed.  I have said many times that God has opened every door for me since I began this whole process of moving here to teach and I am sure he is going to continue to open more.
My school is also right in front of Jebel Hafeet Mountain.  I can't wait to go see it up close.  I'll try to take pictures of it tomorrow along with some pictures of my school so you all can see what it looks like.
I got back to the hotel around 1:30 and went straight to the pool to lay out and rest.  This evening I rode with Kelly and some other girls to the mall (yes the mall again, LOL).  Returned to the hotel and there was an EMT and a local teacher downstairs visiting that had invited anyone to come visit with them if we would like.  I joined them and about 10 others and learned some great information.
Tomorrow is a another day and I am looking forward to it.  Students do not arrive until the 8th.  I am looking forward to meeting my new class.
It's getting late here so I will update more tomorrow or Tuesday.  Have a great afternoon/evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment