Today started week 2 for me with students and today was my first full day. Last week I met my boys (2 classes) but only had class 3B on Sunday and Monday and class 3A on Tues-Thursday. Boys only game from 7:15-10:30 last week. Today.....7:15-12:50.
I had been warned of how much the boys would talk and fight and be disrespectful. I have to say that my first week I didn't see much of that. My boys were quite good. Today a bit different but not to bad.
I have been going to the bookshop almost daily to get things for my classroom. I kind of feel like I'm starting teaching for the first time all over again. My room had nothing in it but tables and chairs and computer. Resources are slim to none. I am anxiously waiting to get my KESAM materials over here so I can REALLY teach math. The stuff they give us to use is so 'hard' for the boys. It is almost like I'm teaching 1st grade. The boys even struggle with the alphabet. We are having to start fresh with very basic skills.
As far as outside of school things are going good. I finally have a house but the key didn't work, got that sorted then it's a wild goose chase to get a contract so I can get electric on and get place cleaned. Once that is finally done I can purchase items for my place. Still waiting to get my visa back so I can fly my boys over. I talk to them daily and it gets harder and harder. I miss them so much. I was hoping to have them here by Oct 13 at the latest but we will see.
Friday morning we took a trip up to Jebel Hafeet Mt. Surprisingly my 1.3L car that I have rented made it. It was an amazing view. I definitely want to go back at night where I can see the lights. I will post pictures later when they upload to my computer. Internet is terrible in the hotel.
I will hopefully post more tomorrow. Hope everyone is doing well. Miss you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment