Sunday, September 11, 2016

I AM 1 of 5 Ford Middle East Models of Courage

Since my diagnosis of breast cancer all I've wanted to do is tell my story and spread awareness in the UAE.   I was invited to be a speaker for Ford Pink Warriors.  I drove to Dubai on September 10th knowing I would be doing a photo shoot.  However I really didn't know what I had gotten myself into.  LOL.  I was told I was one of the Ford Middle East Models of Courage.  There are 5 of us.  I had my makeup professionally done, a video interview, photoshoot, and interviews with newspapers.
Let me start by saying I can talk face to face with people all day long.  Talking about my diagnosis, support and what I would say to others going through what I did comes easy.  However put a video camera in my face and I get all tongue tied.  Seriously I think they did my video 7 times.  By the 6th time I hollered for Stephanie (from Ford) to come and just interview me.  I know it sounds silly but for some reason just talking into a camera did not come so easy for me.  We literally did the video 4 times and then I was like I gotta take a break.  I know I can do this.
While I was taking a break from videoing I did my photoshoot.  Now put a photographer in front of me with a camera and I will smile all day long.  So the photoshoot was so fun.  The shoot was a fight theme.  We had boxing gloves, shirts and accessories all provided by Ford Warriors in Pink.  We had a boxing coach teaching how to pose and move for a fight.  Then we did some group shots of us all together.  After the photoshoot I then went back to do rounds 5-7 of the video.
There were also reporters from 7daysUAE and Gulf News.  They asked questions and I told my story the best way I knew how.  Their big question was what got me through and kept me so strong.  I told them my Faith.  We will see if that gets shared.











No comments:

Post a Comment