Thursday, October 17, 2013

Last day with parents

Before we took my parents to the airport we spent the day in Dubai just sightseeing.  Mom and Dad wanted to go to the beach and I wanted to see the Old Gold Souk.  So we did both.  The Souk was very interesting.  You can get anything from Jewelry to Kandura to purses, perfume, basically anything you want you can get there. 










My husband of course taking pictures of high end cars






H has wanted one of these ever since he heard his new friend Nathan say he wanted one. So of course he saw one and we bought it.  The kid wants to wear it all the time.  

Took him to my friend Rubaya house when we got back home for her to fix his head piece.

Saying goodbye to my parents once was hard enough. Having to say bye to them a second time was even harder and knowing that the boys were staying with me was hard as well.  We left them at the airport in tears along with H and I both in tears.  It was by far hard b/c H understands.  C not so much.  H even told Papa while he was here that he could just retire and move here.  Oh poor H if only it was that easy.  They boys seem to be adjusting well.  They do have their days.  Two nights ago H broke down and cried saying he misses mimi and papa.  I sat on the couch and just held onto him and cried with him.  Today C was walking around the house saying Papa Papa.  So we got on the computer and skyped dad.  It def brought tears to my eyes watching C try to get Papa through  the computer screen.  
I think both boys are going through a bit of separation anxiety due to all the changes.  Every time Chris and I go somewhere and leave them (which is not that often) they both are crying when we walk out the door.  By the time we get back if they aren't in bed they are playing in the floor with our nanny.  She has been a wonderful person to add to our family.  She has just stepped in and helped with the boys.  The real test will be next week when it's just her and I and the boys b/c Chris goes back to work.  I don't think I mentioned that I will have been off for 9 days come Saturday and Chris took vacation with me to help the boys transition with mom and dad leaving. 
Tomorrow we will be going on a desert Safari trip.  We will be staying overnight.  I am totally looking forward to it.  We are going with our friends that I have made.  
Well, I do have more to blog about but it is late here and I am getting emotional talking about my parents not being here and missing them and I am am tired.  Hopefully after our camping trip I will be able to post more and will have pictures to share from our trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment