Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Updated: Just a quick update/Results are in

My anxiety is about to get the best of me. The waiting is driving me crazy and knowing I start school on Sunday just makes anxiety worse. 

Got a call this morning from the lab that my oncotypeDX results are in. However ALL the doctors I have seen are out until Sunday. I have a message in to my oncologist but I'm not sure I will hear back from him. 

So what do I do.....WAIT!! 

Prayers still appreciated. Right now prayers for my nerves to calm. 

My mom and I were given a spa day voucher so we will go today and have a massage tonight and then stay the night and have mani/pedi tomorrow then head back home. That should relax me, right????


UPDATE: 22, AUGUST 2015

My anxiety DID get the best of me......

I ended up contacting my oncologist (yep he gave me his mobile number) to see if he would look at my results even though he was on vacation before mom and I left on our overnight stay. He sent me 3 pictures and said call me. My heart sank, because two of the three pictures had the number 53.  




Well that 53 number is way above the 31 high number. Which means there is a strong change that my cancer can reoccure. Not at all what I wanted to hear. He also informed me that when they removed my tumor and the hospital results came back I was 10% ER (estrogen receptive) however the last image shows I am triple negative which basically means it is not hormone receptive at all so hormonal treatment will not help me.


Remember this picture.......it explains those numbers

Recurrence Score Result

What the Score Means

Lower than 18The breast cancer has a low risk of recurrence with hormonal therapy.  The benefit of chemotherapy is likely to be small and will not outweigh the risks of side effects.
Between 18 and 31The breast cancer has an intermediate risk of recurrence with hormonal therapy.  It is unclear whether the benefits of chemotherapy outweigh the risks of side effects.
Greater than 31The breast cancer has a high risk of recurrence with hormonal therapy, and the benefits of chemotherapy are likely to be greater than the risks of side effects.

This one is me.  


He went on to tell me he has to give me the best treatment he can to help prevent the cancer from ever returning. He has said part 1 of my treatment will be 3 rounds of high doses 1x every 3 weeks,  then I will have 9 more rounds not so high once a week. I honestly don't understand all the information I have been given so I will see my oncologist before I start treatment on Monday. There are still lots of questions I want to ask him before I get these drugs in my body but as of now that is the game plan.

My mom and I went on to our overnight stay and had a great time but let me assure you I have been super emotional since talking to my oncologist.  Being away for the evening was definitely what I needed to just be able to let it all out.  I have tried so hard to keep it together for my boys.  I don't want them to worry about me.

I was able to talk to Chris and asked him to come home for the weekend and he will stay until Tuesday evening. So not only will my mom be with me on Monday, Chris will as well. We went this evening and has some family pictures made while I still have hair.

I am not sure the time of my appointment yet but I do know that it has been confirmed according to my oncologist.  I will phone the hospital tomorrow to check for sure what time and be sure to let everyone know.

Please pray that the chemo doesn't make me to sick.  Also keep my boys in your prayers because them seeing me sick might scare them a little.  I have tried to be very open with H as much as I can without scaring him.  He seems to understand as much as a 7 year old can but I am still worried about him.


No comments:

Post a Comment