So I go in this morning and the Dr comes in the room and as she has me lay down to look she says did you hear good news? What? No not yet. She said yes your BRACA came back and it's NEGATIVE!! Oh my goodness tears came. This means I don't have the gene and I didn't inherit it from my mom and my sister doesn't necessarily have to be tested AND I don't have to have a masectomy. So as she is telling me this news I don't even notice that she has pulled the little stitch out and said all done. Great way to distract me!! I'm telling ya'll as scary as all this is being overseas I'm in good hands.
What's next?
I have been told that if BRACA was negative I could start radiation but I was so happy I didn't even think to ask! I have put a message in to the nurse to ask but haven't heard back yet. Both my surgeon and oncologist are on leave until around August 20 so I may still just have to wait. Hopefully in another week or so I will know results on oncotypeDX.
Keep the prayers coming because they are working!! I'm telling you God is on my side and hasn't left me.
No comments:
Post a Comment