It's been a bit since I've updated and I've received so many messages from people checking on me. Thank you all for the messages. Warms my heart to know I'm being thought of and remembered back home.
Today is post chemo #2 day 11. I feel great. We went to church this morning. Chili's for lunch then home and have just lounged and watched TV all afternoon.
Last Saturday was day #5 and I remember from my first chemo that day 5 was the worst. I knew I didn't want to feel that way again so I got out. Mom needed to do a border run so instead of sending someone to take her I decided I would go with her to get out of the house. It did me good for sure.
Sunday I slept all day. LOL. I do make sure and get up to see H off to school every morning no matter how bad I feel but once he's out the door I go back to sleep for a couple hours. Then I'm up for a couple hours then usually a little nap then back up by the time he comes home. That's usually how the first week goes. I didn't have the headaches this time like I did last time. Just some pressure. I asked my Dr for something stronger to get me through them so for the first 3 days I stayed on top of the pain med and I'm positive with it and prayer that is what got me through them.
Monday was day 7 and once again I felt amazing. I got up and went with mom to take H to school and we ended up being out until it was time to go pick him up. Then that evening I had my small group back at my house which is always a blessing. Then I got out after small group and had henna done b/c this week was a holiday here and I wanted my hands to look pretty.
Tuesday I WENT TO SCHOOL. OK OK actually yes I went to work but NOT to work. My coworkers have all been asking about me and knowing that Wednesday and Thursday there was no school I knew there would not be many children there. Yes you read that right not many children there. Usually if there is a holiday the children take and extra day or two even though they are told they should be in school. Anyways it was an amazing day. Teachers would see me in the hall and they would take a double take and then the hugs and kisses started. I think I saw all the staff from MBK (former school, we merged with a girls school so our name is different now). It was just a good day all around.
Wednesday I stayed HOME!! until the evening anyways.
Thursday we stayed home until afternoon then went to an Eid lunch at a friends house. Thank you for having us it was great and we definitely enjoyed our visit.
That brings me to today!!! We've had a good day!! I started typing this post earlier in the afternoon then got sidetracked by chatting with one of my best friends from back home then watching some TV to finish the night off by having movie night with my mom and boys. We love Netflix movies and here lately we have found some really good Christian films to watch. Tonight we watch Ring the Bell. It was a really good one. Check it out if you haven't seen it.
All in all I can tell you one thing the prayers that are being said for me are working! I was prayed over in church this morning I could feel the Holy Spirit all around me. I can't describe the feeling I get but it is amazing.
Some have asked what they can specifically pray for and right now my biggest prayer is that I continue to keep my strength. Not just my mental/emotional strength but my physical strength as well. I honestly feel like after that first week is done that my body needs rest but my strength is good and I want it to stay that way. They say the more chemo you get in your body the weaker your body 'can' get. Well for me, I've only had 2 treatments and again after that first week I feel like my old self just a bit more tired than normal. I do tend to a least get in one good nap during the afternoon before H gets home to make sure I can make it through the evening with the boys.
Time for me to go to bed. Mom and I are headed out in the morning for breakfast with the ladies at church. Until next time. Love you all!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment