Friday, November 29, 2013

UAE National Day/Thanksgiving Holiday in UAE

Well here in the UAE anything can happen.  That is exactly what happened on the Thursday before we were off for 42nd National Day.  About 10:30 on Wednesday evening I got multiple text messages saying that we were of school on Thursday )which how convenient happened to be Thanksgiving) due to Dubai winning the Dubai 2020 World Expo.  Chris was home and H had a field trip to the Al Ain Palace Museum so Chris and I loaded up and went with them.  Have to say it was a great day.  We tried some traditional food and saw a camel up close and also watched some Arabic men dancing.  Overall it was a fun morning.

UAE Flag.  It is crazy how much this country really flies their flag.  Really not just around the holiday but at all times.  On cars, hanging from their homes and has scarves and hats.  They truly LOVE their country. 

My boys have both embraced the culture and the atmosphere.  As you can see they both had the flag painted on their hand

We definitely love the camels.  As C calls it "Memal"

Flat Abi and the camel

Daddy and C taking a break

Yep Flat Abi got to get close to the camel as well

The Falcon.  Most people here have one or sometimes five in their home.  

H got Henna

C checking out the Falcon

My Henna

Emirate Dance

Love watching the men dance.  I know that sounds terrible and not at all how I mean it but I'll try to post some video so you can see what I'm talking about.  

Just hanging out watching the show.

Later that evening we met up with our family over here and had Thanksgiving Dinner at The Hilton.  Such a wonderful time of hanging out as Sarah and I were truly starting to miss home.   This was our first holiday away so it was great to have our friends/family here to help us celebrate.  


My best friend and I


Goofy Boy

Goldfish to tide C over

The Turkey



After dinner fun

Silly kids

The married couple with no kids that love our boys

Our Family

Goofy Kids

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a wonderful day! Glad your family got to experience it with you. Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete