The guide said this was camel bones.
These next pictures all look the same but I just held the button as the vehicle came down the dune.
Our next stop was camels. We got so close to them and as the boys said they didn't spit on us. LOL. Very friendly animals.
I wasn't real sure about touch this one.
The three of us
Finally made it to the camp were we could ride camels and sand board. The camel ride wasn't bad but wow it is crazy going up all the way from the ground and then going back down. Kind of scary. You feel like you are going to dive of face first.
Sand boarding.....let's just say the boys did great and I got some good pics but me, well, not so well and I'm so glad it was semi dark and no one had a camera. I was going good and then I freaked and fell face first in the sand and knocked the breath out of myself. Hurt pretty bad and was a bit sore the next morning but after a couple days I was fine.
I've gotta figure out how to put these in a strip so you can get the whole affect of H going down the dune.
Next stop was going up on top of one of the dunes to watch the sunset. It was absolutely breathtaking. Being out in the middle of the desert and nothing around just watching the sun go down. Beautiful!!!
The 3 of us. Wish Cole would have been with us for this picture.
Sandra Family
H belly sliding down the dune
H and N both belly sliding down the dune
Our camp
Hubby wanted to take a picture of me so yep I let him.
Next was dinner which I failed to get any pictures of. Bummer. We then saw the falcon up close. This is the national bird of the UAE. Lots of people have them. The kids definitely got and up close view of it. If only they could have held it, it would have made the adventure so much better for them.
H was super interested in it.
Yep this is as close as he could get without touching it.
H and N playing in the sand after dinner
Belly Dancer
Mom and kid dance
Girl H dancing with the belly dancer
Here is Paul my friend Sandra husband. He definitely put on a show. I'll have to upload video b/c it was definitely great.
Have no idea what these 2 are doing. Pretty sure they might have been dancing.
Waiting to go home. Overall the trip was great. Next time we will just do the dune bashing and all the festivities and then go back home after dinner. Can't wait for someone to visit me so I can take them.







No comments:
Post a Comment