Friday, August 23, 2013

Big Bus Tour

Today I got up and met my new friend Kelly at the gym to run and exercise. Then after getting around we took the Big Bus Tour.


It was a 2 hour bus ride with about 11 different stops where we could get off.  It was an awesome way to see the city and not have to take a taxi.  I will say one thing though it was extremely HOT!!! First stop was the Abu Dhabi Mall and we got of for a bit and hung out there.  However on the way there we drove past the Grand Mosque.  It is absolutely breathtaking.  I can't wait to go there and be given a tour.  My plan is to hopefully go on Saturday when Chris is here.  Yep that's right....Chris will be here on Friday evening and stay til Monday morning.  Shhh don't tell H b/c he will be very upset.
We also stopped at the Indian Souk but all that was there was household furnishings and plants.  Let me tell you they want you to buy.  The heat there about did us in.  So back on the tour bus we got and stayed on until we arrived back at the Marina MALL.  (yes, Susie Boone, the mall again, Haha).  Took a taxi back to our hotel, went to pool but we both were so tired from the heat that we called it a day at 5:30 pm.  It is now 7:40 pm and I am going to call it a day.  I am getting up in the morning to go to a non-demoninational church.  Friday is the Holy Day here.  I will for sure post pictures from todays adventure tomorrow.  I am exhausted.

2 comments:

  1. Great picture! Sounds like a great tour for me to take,if I can survive the heat! I am glad you have quickly found a great friend. And the news that your hubby gets to join you is awesome! Enjoy! Spend all your time with him and we will wait for your posts after he leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are having a good time can't wait to read more about your adventure.

    ReplyDelete